Family Pictures Fall 2008

Family Pictures Fall 2008

Thursday, January 22, 2009




With Kody going to bed literally the second I walk through the door in the afternoon, I find myself with a lot of time on my hands. I have learned to be creative with the kids. The other night we baked and decorated sugar cookies, and made a big mess besides. We read a lot of books and color pictures. I have to admit too that I do let them watch Dora, Diego, and Elisabeth's favorite..."Kung Panda" She would watch it all day long if we let her.

Today, Kody took her to the cardiologist to have her heart murmur checked again. It still is a mild one and we don't have to get it checked for another year. It makes me grateful for the health we do have.

I am definitely ready for spring and summer, not only to get this new baby here, but to be able to send the kids outside to play! They are getting bored, and I am running out of fun things to do with them. It has been too cold to go outside too much the last couple of weeks. We have gone ice fishing a couple of Saturdays this year. Tate loved being able to catch fish on his own this year. He kept me busy getting the fish off the hook, and I didn't get a chance to fish myself! Elisabeth loved to fish too. She would reel it in with Grandma Jan's help, and as soon as it would pop out of the hole she would yell "Ewwww!!! They would throw it back in, and she would say "again!" After a few hours we got cold and went home, but not before we all smelled like fish!

No comments:

On the 1st of November this last year, we took the family up the canyon to take some much needed pictures. The kids loved throwing rocks in the river to see who could make the biggest splash. Dad found a wild apple tree that was just loaded, and we spent some time picking and eating some of the best apples we have ever had. We took some home to make apple crisp for dessert that night. Yum!! It was a beautiful, warm day, and it was so good to spend some time with the family just having fun. Grandma Jan was nice enough to come along with us to take our whole family shots.